True Blue Charmer

Friday, April 29, 2011

~ Of Weddings, Friendship, Love, and Royalty ~

Watching the beautiful fairy tale wedding this morning. I remember getting up to watch the wedding of Charles and Diana. Wow, that was a long time ago! Due to my great interest in Princess Diana, I was invited to England by a great friend of my grandmother, and spent three weeks traveling in England, Scotland and Wales as a teen. I was in England for the wedding of Andrew and Sarah.

Even better, my interest in Princess Diana led me to a special friendship in middle school. My dear friend and I were drawn together by our interest in Princess Diana. We were soon the best of friends. It wasn't long before she told me that I had to meet her cousin who was moving back to town. She thought we would be the perfect pair. She introduced Eric and I, and sure enough ~ it was love at first sight, and my fairy tale began. I was a girl just shy of thirteen at the time we first met. Now in June we will celebrate our 22nd anniversary.

I have always loved the beauty and the tradition of the monarchy. The pageantry is stunning. It calls me to remember our own royal heritage ~ in Christ our King! We are all subject to Him. In Revelation we read about a throne ~ with a rainbow about it, before a sea of glass like crystal. "And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."

Nothing could be better than to be in that Royal family.

No comments: