True Blue Charmer

Monday, April 12, 2010

Waiting

Psalm 62:1

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him."


"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31
Isaiah 40:31

Yesterday my husband spoke in church about waiting. Waiting on the Lord. Often a very difficult thing to do! As we wait on Him, we are to continue to walk with Him, serve others, spread the Gospel. As we wait, we are often stretched to the point where we think we might break. It's at this point that we are most vulnerable and Satan may try to tempt us, but it's also the point where we can cry out to God with all that we are, and this is when we become closest to Him. It often causes us to be fully dependent on Him, and this is the time where we are reminded that He is the one who brings to us our provision and our blessings.

In Psalms David received four benefits from waiting on God.
1. God lifted him out of his despair
2. God set his feet on firm ground
3. He established his goings
4. He gave him a new song

We often sing that in church . . .. "I waited, for the Lord on High, I waited and He heard my cry. He pulled me out of my despair, and showed me where to walk, from fear into security, from quicksand to a rock."
The next verse shows us what we should do. Don't forget to sing His praises and share your confidence in Him while he is working in you, and when He has accomplished what He set out to do in your life. "I sing to let the people know, That I have been restored, And they will kneel and understand, To turn and trust in the Lord."
I love that verse! Let the people know . . . . that I have been restored! That is so important. . . tell everyone what God had done in your life! He gives us that new song, so make sure you sing it!

2 comments:

Larslyan said...

"While I'm waiting I will serve You, While I'm waiting I will worship..."

Kim said...

I love that song:)