True Blue Charmer

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Be Specific

Yesterday one of the elders in church mentioned when we pray, to be specific. He joked a little, that he was fighting his yearly bout of bronchitis, and he prayed about it . . . and he didn't get it, but he got pneumonia. lol. Later in his message, our pastor touched on praying specifically also. He reminded us of Jesus calling forth Lazarus from the grave. He was specific and He cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth!" Jesus had the power, that if He had not called forth Lazarus by name, all of the graves could of opened! It reminds us to be very specific.
I know that the Lord hears our prayers, and that He even hears our groanings. But there are times when we need to pray specifically, with no doubt in our hearts or minds. Pray what is on our hearts.
"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."
All of our prayers will be answered, according to His will.
I've seen the result of specific prayers so many times. When the church has prayed for a specific need ~ and that need is suddenly met, quite miraculously, and exactly what was needed. Not a penny more, not a penny less.
I've also seen it in the form of miracles of healing. Firsthand, at a healing service in the Dominican Republic. The Holy Spirit was so present and so strong, and many healings and deliverances were being witnessed. One of them was a man who was blind in one eye, asked for prayer, and the Lord healed him in front of us. That is pretty amazing to see!
When I was sick a few years ago, and diagnosed with a blood disease, I was prayed over. Specifically one evening at our weekly prayer meeting, I was approached by one of our elders, and asked if he could pray over me. This was after about two months of dr. appointments, tests, sorrow, tears, reflecting and prayer! I felt the Holy Spirit moving upon me.
My next doctor appointment, when we met to review all of my results with the Hematologist/Oncologist, he revealed that no sign of the disease was in my blood anymore. To God be all the Glory and Honor!
Pray without ceasing ~ and let your requests be known, trusting Him and His will for you.

2 comments:

Larslyan said...

PTL! I have heard, "when you're in the lion's den, name the lion" :)

Kim said...

I love that!