True Blue Charmer

Monday, April 19, 2010

Another Mundane Monday

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him. And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men."
Mondays can tend to be mundane . . . . the catching up on things after a busy or fun weekend. I need to try to remember to do ALL things HEARTILY, as to the Lord.
I am realizing that life is too short, and that we need to find more joy in the simple, everyday tasks that we do. I am thankful that I have the ability to do them. I am thankful that I can school my children at home, that I have running water and a washing machine to use! Thankful that I have a sink full of dishes, because it means that we have food to eat. Thankful, and so very blessed!








I found the lyrics to this song, by S.C. Kird and Grant C. Tuller, and thought I'd add it to this post.

Hear ye the Master’s call, “Give Me thy best!”
For, be it great or small, that is His test.
Do then the best you can, not for reward,
Not for the praise of men, but for the Lord.
Refrain:
Every work for Jesus will be blest,
But He asks from everyone his best.
Our talents may be few, these may be small,
But unto Him is due our best, our all.
Wait not for men to laud, heed not their slight;
Winning the smile of God brings its delight!
Aiding the good and true ne’er goes unblest,
All that we think or do, be it the best.
Night soon comes on apace, day hastens by;
Workman and work must face testing on high.
Oh, may we in that day find rest, sweet rest,
Which God has promised those who do their best.

No comments: