True Blue Charmer

Monday, March 15, 2010

Trusting and a Bike

We rented this bike on Sanibel today. It was a lot of fun, but I must admit, felt a little sketchy with all the other bikes and traffic around. You really have to trust the people in the front who have control over the steering and the brakes! I got use to it quickly, but made me a bit nervous at first.
Made me think about trusting. Why do we often find it so difficult just to stand on the promises of God and trust Him with all our hearts? I often fail at this and feel like I have to be in control of the situations that I'm involved in. Not that I really have any control ~ it's out of our hands! Trust, Obey and Pray!

Here are just a few of the many scriptures I read this morning on trusting. Praying that I can be faithful and just remember to trust always.

"O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me"

"And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee."

"But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee."

"Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them."

"Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast."

"Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust."

"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."




No comments: