True Blue Charmer

Friday, March 26, 2010

Choose Joy

Going through struggles?

Facing adversity?

Dealing with a loss?

At the end of your rope?

We lost two family members this week very unexpectedly. On the same day. Hard to understand. And the death of a child! It can be overwhelming to think about.

It's amazing to know that there is One who is there with you through it all. One who hears all, who sees our struggles, who hears us when we cry and when we call out to Him, who sees our needs and meets them. One who rejoices with us and longs for us to have a relationship with Him. To trust Him.

He has not left us.

He sees us.

He hears us.

He answers us.

He loves us.

Jesus whispers “I am with you”
In the hour of deepest need;
When the way is dark and lonesome,
“I am with you, I will lead.” —Morris

We were never promised a life free from trouble. In 2 Corinthians we read ~

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body.

But He is there with us through it all! There is never a moment when we are alone. Never a moment when our thoughts are hidden from Him. He knows all and sees all and wants us to trust in Him. He has it all figured out. No amount of worry or stress on our part is going to do us any good. Don't let your emotions control your life, you can control your emotions. Don't let your situations control you. I know how easily I can fall into a pit of worrying about situations that are totally out of my control. I believe the lies of the enemy. Does it do any good? Does it change the situation? No, it just causes me to let go of my joy, to let go of my peace, and get into a pit that you struggle to climb out of. Or you dig yourself deeper! And that means I am not trusting. Why not trust the One who loves me enough to give His one and only son . . . . for me! And for you!

I choose Joy ~ I choose to change my focus to the One who Loves me more than I will ever understand. Who knows everything about me. The Bible says His eyes saw my unformed body. He knows the number of hairs on my head. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. He cares. He loves us!

So I choose to thank Him through it all. Through sorrow, through adversity, through joy and blessings.

Be thankful for all He has done.

Thank Him.

Trust Him.

Praise Him.

Worship Him.

Rest in His Everlasting Arms.



We will miss you Uncle David and baby Laysen.