True Blue Charmer

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bring Forth Good Fruit


"For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."
We have seen so many enormous, interesting trees here in Florida. Made me start thinking about what the Word says about trees. Of course there is the Tree of Knowledge.
Then I read this scripture verse about bringing forth good fruit. Like looking at a tree, we should be able to look at our own life, or the lives of those around us and see what fruit they are yielding. It is by our fruits that we are known.
For what is the fruit of the spirit?
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
Are you producing fruit with these attributes? Or are you jealous, mean, bold, selfish, unkind? Do you practice being gentle?
"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them."
The Bible warns also of false prophets. We may see them, but we need to pray for discernment in recognizing them. Again, you will know them by their fruits. Read today about false prophets somewhere, and it said "What are the implications of this? The blind will lead the blind ~ then they will both fall into the ditch!"
Thought that was a very interesting way to state what can happen!
Praying that I can produce fruit that is not corrupt, and that by my fruits, I will be known. By my life people will know that there is something different from the world, and that difference is Christ in me. I am definitely a work in progress, but want to serve whole-heartedly! Don't want to continue to live trying to please everyone around me and live to do His work. Want to live for Him! Want my roots firmly planted and the branches stretching forth to reach those around me with the Good News of Christ and what He's done for us.

2 comments:

Larslyan said...

Awesome post! Very well said.

Kim said...

Thank You:) Yippee! Comments:)