True Blue Charmer

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Glory and the Lifter of My Head

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Lord, help me to think on these things, to know that you are in control of my life, that I can't let anyone control me or my thoughts, that it's up to me to let it roll off my back.
1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

We often sing the following song at church, and it always seems to choke me up, and today it is so close to my heart and the murmur of my lips.

1. Lord how are they increased that trouble me

Many are they that rise up against me

Many there be that say of my soul

There is no help for him in God.


Chorus:
But thou oh Lord are a shield for me

My glory, and the lifter of my head

But thou oh Lord are a shield for me

Youre my glory, the lifter of my head.


2. I cried to the Lord with my voice,

And he heard me out of his Holy hill.

I laid me down and I slept

I awoke for the Lord sustained me.

Chorus:

I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people

That set themselves against me round about (x 2)

No comments: