True Blue Charmer

Friday, August 26, 2016

Repetition

Life can be full of repetitive motions.  I try to be cheerful in all things, but I admit I get a little restless sometimes.  I am a homebody by nature, but sometimes I do feel like I need to see new things.  Need a little excitement, or a change of pace.  Those are the times when I can let my mind go, get myself down, and feel ungrateful.  That is not a good place to be. The mind is powerful, and when we let it, we can think thoughts that we shouldn't. We let the enemy in to attack our minds and that's when we need to cast down those thoughts.  The Word says that a double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

There can be monotony in our daily activities.  Sometimes we can feel that no one notices or appreciates it.  Picking up another pair of underwear off the bathroom floor, another wet towel off the carpet, another dish from the living room, putting another roll of toilet paper on since they never magically replenish themselves.  But I try to remember in the midst of it, what I am doing.  If I am working as unto the Lord, then I become more thankful and more mindful about my activities.  My hubby goes off to work every day, whether it's twenty below zero or 95 degrees and so muggy that you can cut the air.  I never hear a complaint.  He cheerfully goes and provides for us every day.   I LOVE being so blessed that I can stay at home with my kids.  I love to have dinner waiting for him.  I know that God has me here in this spot for a reason.  Raising our kids is a high calling!  I have been blessed to even teach my children at home.  Shaping and forming them in the way they should go is not a light task.  Since I was a five year old, I can remember wanting to be a wife and mommy.  Is this everyone's dream? Certainly not. Am I saying that it has to be your dream? Certainly not.  But it was my dream.  And I am living it! What a blessing!  Life isn't perfect, and never was meant to be perfect, but we can have the Joy of the Lord in us and try to be joyful in the simplicity of our daily tasks.  Find joy in the perfectly imperfect aspects of life.

Find joy in the simplicity of life.  It doesn't have to be complicated or fancy.  I love to clean, organize, bake, cook, and serve others.  Maybe I am odd! But making my house a little haven in the chaos of life is something that brings me joy.  To have it fairly organized,  dinner and a treat freshly baked, clean sheets on the bed.  Ahhhh, that is a good day!!  To have my hubby happy to come home in the evening and to feel honored and appreciated is something that I like to do.  A hug and a kiss at the door always makes him feel appreciated.  Call me old fashioned, but I love those simple daily things. To find a peace in the tasks that may seem so menial and thankless.  But if you do it with a cheerful heart, a heart that wants to give to others and serve our Lord, they are never ever menial.

So when your mind wanders, and you are feeling like you are discontent ~ pray that those thoughts are cast down in the name of Jesus! Dig into scripture and remember all of the promises of God. He has you here for a purpose! Every little thing that we set our hands to can be part of that purpose.  Serve Him and serve those around you and you will find more and more contentment.  Serve in a selfless way, not looking for anything in return. It doesn't have to be huge.  Pray for someone and encourage them. Bring an elderly neighbor a bouquet of wildflowers. Drop a coffee off to that mama that is having a hard day and give her a hug, drop a note in the mail for someone that has been on your mind with a scripture.   These little things are pick me ups that often mean more to the person than we would ever think. And those are the things that can bring joy to us when our minds try to get away from us and tell us that our tasks are unworthy. And put a pep in your step ~ when you are folding your laundry, pray over each piece you fold and for each family member.  When you are cleaning, crank up your praise music! When I bake for others, I try to always pray over the food as I am making it and pray for the person that it is going to.  These may seem like little things, but they are so important, and can help change our perspective.  When we devote ourselves to others instead of just ourselves, it is right where we need to be.

When I am doing yet another load of laundry, I remind myself how fortunate and blessed I am to have a washer and a dryer! To have water and soap and electricity! To have the clothes to wash! Those are small things that we seem to take for granted. That wet towel on the floor? Means I have a hubby that enjoyed a hot shower after a hard day of working outside providing for our needs.   When I look at each task from this perspective, it truly does change my thinking from the thoughts that try to creep in and take over my mind.  To be thankful in ALL things is something I am working on.  Does that mean I have overcome those thoughts? I wish I could say yes.  I still allow them to creep in from time to time, but now I can recognize them and kick them out with the help of my Savior.  Serving was meant to be done with a selfless spirit, not one of selfishness looking to be served. Those selfish thoughts that will always put your mind in the gutter of ungratefulness and it's a downward spiral from there.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

"For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many." Mark 10:45

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:10


In His Love ~ Kim
"With Jesus in Her Heart, and Coffee in Her Cup" 

No comments: