True Blue Charmer

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

He is Faithful

We have had a beautiful, hot summer.  I am loving every minute of it.  That being said, we are in desperate need of rain! Wells are drying up, ponds are low, crops are beginning to die.  It's been our fervent prayer ~ our Pastor put it on our prayer chain on Monday night.  This morning the skies have opened up! It seems to be a nice soaking rain ~ and every little bit helps at this point.  I've never been so happy to see rain, and am so thankful for His faithfulness! Even in the little things.

No matter what is on your heart, He cares about it.  In the midst of your day, don't forget to cast your cares on him.  He cares about the needs of His children and will give us the desires of our hearts, according to His will. He tells us in His word to pray without ceasing.  He does hear our prayers.

Years ago I remember clinging to James 5.  I remember reading it and praying it and memorizing it and believing it with all my heart and soul.  Again, God was so faithful in my situation that seemed bigger than a mountain to me. The doctor told me that I needed a miracle to prevent a surgical intervention.  Those were his words.  I remember how my heart sank at the thought that in the mind of the Dr., it was basically a given that I would be in the operating room. Oh how surprised he was at the next appointment when the situation had changed! God healed me and I would no longer need surgery.  Praise and all the glory went to Him! I told the doctor that I had prayed so fervently for that miracle. Maybe he still remembers that? Maybe it strengthened him and stirred his faith? I do not know, but I do remember the absolute joy and how thankful I was to a God who cares and who hears our prayers.

Our prayers may not always be answered in the time or the way we expect them.  But He hears them all, you can count on that.  Sometimes His answer is to wait.  But continue to pray. And remember to fellowship with Him always, not just when you are in a tough spot.  Thank Him daily for all that He has done in your and through you.  We, as His children, are truly a blessed people!

"Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit."



Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” 

In His Love ~ Kim
"With Jesus in Her Heart, and Coffee in Her Cup" 



No comments: