True Blue Charmer

Monday, December 12, 2016

Kitchen Changes

I've been wanting to change up my kitchen a little bit for a couple of years now, but I'm a bit too scared to paint my cabinets.  Last week I did a mini makeover and I love it! I don't know if I will ever dare to paint the cabinets or not, but until then, this is a nice change for me.  
I saw a blog last week where the woman featured her sisters gorgeous kitchen.  She said it's not the coveted "white cabinet" kitchen that everyone seem to want these days, but it is a gorgeous kitchen. That's how I feel about mine.  I am blessed with a beautiful kitchen, and a space that I love working in.  I spend a lot of time in my kitchen.  It may not be the "in" kitchen, but it is still a great kitchen and I feel so blessed to have it!

The yellow in the before pictures seems brighter than it really is, but nonetheless, it is a gold color.  I had very beautiful, but dark and heavy drapes on my sliding glass door and double windows, that I had custom made for the space many years ago.  


Most of the rooms in my house are painted grey. I so wanted a grey color in the kitchen too, but most grey seemed to wash everything out.  I found this color, that has undertones of grey depending on the lighting.  I really like it and feel like it brightens up the room nicely!


Still working on finding the perfect accents for the space now that I've re-painted it.  But it feels so fresh and clean and bright, that I am really enjoying it! 


In His Love ~ Kim
"With Jesus in Her Heart, and Coffee in Her Cup" 

No comments: