True Blue Charmer

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Winter Walk in the Woods

It's amazing that on a February afternoon it's almost 50 degrees outside and there's not snow on the ground. We went for a super hike today. I love the sound of rushing water. When we were building our house, we lived in a small rental here in town near the local cascades. My great, great grandparents had once lived in the same house. I would fall asleep each night listening to the rushing water, and wake up to the same soothing sound. I would love to hear that sound daily! Have often considered buying a small tabletop fountain just to have the sound close to me:)
Anyway, the hike was just what I needed to get out of the house for a little bit. It's amazing what wandering through the woods, with the sun shining, looking at God's creation, can do to you. A nice pick~me~up.










No comments: