True Blue Charmer

Monday, November 16, 2009

Alabaster Box

At Bible Study on Wednesday, there was mention of Mary's alabaster box, and the great offering she gave to Christ. Again, at our church women's ministry on Saturday, Brenda spoke of using our gifts, and she brought up the alabaster box.
So, I have been reading this scripture and pondering it alot. Sometimes something just pops out at me and I know the Lord is highlighting it for me!
I notice that Mary was scorned by many because of what she did. But she did the act out of her own love and devotion for her Lord. She didn't care what others would say, she didn't care the cost, she just gave her all. It was an oil of great cost, great value.
I hope that I can learn from this example. No matter what the cost, no matter what people may say, I want to be able to give of myself.
May I desire to offer up sweet fragrances.

No comments: